Hello fellow mates!
This is something very useful for us, teachers.
I have discovered this website by chance. It is a wheel which you can use as a warm up, a revision, whenever you need to enliven your class…
Creating the topics of the wheel is a piece of cake and using it strategically could perk up your students.
After working on some wheels, I would like to give you some advice:
- I suggest that you write about 20 choices. A bigger number looks a bit too chaotic
- There are many colour themes but I would choose either “colorful” or “pastel” because the visual effect is awesome
- Time: I would allow about 5 seconds just for the excitement
- Wheel diameter: I suggest between 650 and 700 pixels because it looks quite big on my computer screen. However, you will have to check in your class projector…
- Custom colors and text colors: I woul not bother. I like to see the topics in black and colour on the background.
I am currently teaching the Present Perfect, right before Christmas. Not a great idea, isn’t it? However, I have come up with something that should help my students revise this verb tense after the holiday break. I have created 20 different questions starting with “Have you ever…” mostly using irregular verbs. I expect some questions to be answered in the affirmative form and others in a negative form but we’ll see how it goes in class. There might be some surprising anecdote! 😉